Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Alma

The Alma Highland Games were this weekend.

Saturday we did amazingly but the band got played and didn't win; Saturday we just didn't do well, but got third anyway because another band dropped out...

Solo I was 4th in the strathspey/reel and nothing in the march (two notes were flat on my chanter).
The Pipe Major let me be "pipe major" for massed bands in the Sunday closing ceremonies. I walked in the front of our line and felt so important and everything, and it was so special, even though I kind of had no idea what was going on. I love them all.

The whole thing was a blast anyway, hanging out with my band and everything. I will miss them so incredibly super much when we move!!!


Marching into the circle on Sunday:

Competing on Sunday:
My solo March on Sunday:

Can't wait until Oberlin and the Ohio games.

3 comments:

Cait said...

Like it...I told you!

Cait said...

yeah....hehe...

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»