Saturday, February 24, 2007

desert, dance, Anberlin, and back.

We had a desert campout with the youth group recently. It was amazingly fun.

I've started listening to a band called Anberlin. They rock. I also got a bunch of Disney songs today and they make me smile = ) "Paint with all the colors of the wind...."

I've begun taking ballet again! I had been thinking of doing kickboxing, but then I took an introductory lesson and discovered that it was a real combat sport, and I had been told otherwise...so no, I shall not be taking kickboxing lessons! It would be quite unlike me, anyway.
The ballet is at the Mall of the Emirates performing arts centre. The teacher also has a street jazz and hip hop class, but she's an amazing classical ballet dancer, and she even does the Russian style! This is great. She keeps the class entertained! She is hilarious. Sharmila sings, yells, and dances as she teaches! In addition to this, she literally spits on the ground! She spits on the floor in front of her, stomps on it with her foot, and says "let's dance!" However, the class is challenging and good. My muscles are still killing me four days later, which means I worked hard.
My back is improving slowly and next week I have one more appointment (since I've begin exercising again which is supposed to help) with the physiotherapist. Praise the Lord! We're just hoping it's alright now, cause if it isn't then that means there's something wrong with more than the muscles.


I don't have much of consequence to write, so I'll stop now. Good night and God bless!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

anberlin sounds pretty cool...

lol i used to love that movie...

Lol!

have fun w/ ballet!!

what happend to ur bk?

luv ya!

jessica

Anonymous said...

just to let u know, its not february anymore. so u need to update ur blog. :D