Tuesday, March 13, 2007

blah.

I typed up a nice, really long post the other day and saved it as a draft and of course....it's disappeared.

We've been having crazy fun times at youth group and had a guest speaker last week who spoke on purity. It was very good.
The trouble with my back had been because I danced for so long and then stopped really doing anything for exercise. That made it easy for it to get strained, and as a result the muscles in my back were all torn and inflamed. It was really painful, and made my back not quite straight at times. Now I'm dancing again and have had 6 sessions with the physiotherapst and am doing much better.

Daddy flies a lot and is enjoying it I believe, as he is also home a great deal. He goes to all sorts of places and sometimes brings back things for us...last time it was an awesome little table from Casablanca Morocco.

There's an artist on myspace whose music is very nice. Her name is Elissa Mielke and she's a young girl, model, and independent Christian/folk singer. She writes and sings and plays her own songs and they're pretty cool...
Her site

This is my favorite song by her:

Give me a chance
Give a minute
This is your day but I don't know
How you should spend it;
Give me your hand
I've got some money,
At least I think I do
I'll buy us a coffee
And you will
Say something funny;
And your eyes will get small and happy and laughing, and so distracting, and attractive
And I will be
Hopeless
And I will be helpless
And I will be smitten, absolutely taken with you, taken with you
And I will be hopeless
And I will be helpless
And I will be smitten, absolutely taken with you, taken with you
I won't want to be but I know you'll see right through me
You get to me
Give me a chance to show you how I'm worth it
I might be too sensitive
But I'm working on it
So don't you go before you're sure now
I think again I'll miss you somehow
So that you will be
Hopeless
So that you'll be helpless
And you will be smitten, absolutely taken with me, taken with me
Hopeless
and I hope you'll be hopeless
I hope you'll be smitten, absolutely taken with me, taken with me
Hopeless
You will be helpless
And you will be smitten, absolutely taken with me, taken with me
In some small way I think you see
What you really mean to me
I can try but I can't hide the truth
I'm so into you.


-I Will Be -Elissa Mielke



3 comments:

Kyleian said...

I saw you typing that and wondered where it went...

Anonymous said...

good to hear from you!

oooo bummer...

so glad that ur bk's feeling better!!


i like her sound...

where is that song?
its not on her myspace or her purevolume.


itsn't youth group great?
i'm starting to get more involved with mine, and all the people are great.

i g2g

luv ya!

~jessica~

elissamielke said...

hey, im sick in bed with a cold so i decided to google my name ( i know, ridiculous and silly) buttt i came across this blog and wanted to say thank you for the support! :)

the song should be at www.betarecords.com/elissamielke

if it's not, let me know and i can put it back up.

take care!