Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Lua

First of all - who was "anonymous" commenting on my last post? ...And thank you.

The competition went surprisingly well!! I placed 1st in piobaireachd, 3rd in the SR and 4th in the march. Kind of the opposite of what I expected, if anything! Everyone was really kind, and we also got to see more of the dancing than usual which was nice.
As a family we celebrated birthdays - Hannah's late and Ky's and mine early. I received the Sense and Sensibility soundtrack, money, and a porcelain Celtic necklace. Oh, and I've finally bought MirrorMask (lovely film).

I can't wait to go hhhhoooooooommmmmmmmmmeee

but Sunday we're going to Leavenworth for 3 days, which I do enjoy.

Currently reading A Comedy of Errors again. Shakespeare is brilliant - and funny.
Dr. Grant, my history lecturer, always says "No one is fully educated until they have read, heard, spoken, seen Shakespeare."
Mark Twain once went to see a play by him and came out saying "I don't get what all the fuss about Shakespeare is, it was just a bunch of cliches." Very true.


Poor little Lua died.

I have nothing to do. Actually there's heaps to do but nothing I feel like doing. Still down.



How are you all?

love,
cait.

9 comments:

Kyleian said...

"If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."

So I won't comment on the Shakespeare. But I don't have to like it to read,hear,speak, and whatever else it was Shakespeare.

Anonymous said...

My mom wants to send me to a Shakespeare day camp when I get home from Barakel..... *HUGE GROAN*
Not that I have any experience with Shakespeare, but there's a good chance we'll be doing tragedies. Tragedies are the last thing I need right now.

BananaBint said...

Tragedies aren't always that bad. They can also be kinda funny. But if they're Shakespearian tragedies, maybe not. Anyway, good luck!

Cait said...

Shakespeare has comedy even in his tragedies. Julius Caesar has a pretty funny character in it - there's almost always a mixed up person for comic relief, someone who uses words the wrong way or some such thing.

Anonymous said...

I found out what play we're doing. I think it's Henry IV. Kyleigh, is your friend Emily that I met once Emily Bayon? Because Mrs. Bayon is running the class, and she says that her daughter Emily knows you... so you can figure out that I pieced it together.

Anonymous said...

It will be such a relief if she is. I'll know someone! Sort of!

Anonymous said...

And who is Little Lua?

Cait said...

Lua is the mouse.

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor fing.