Wednesday, July 04, 2007

going home

Tomorrow morning, Lord willing, we'll be on our way back to Dubai. Don't know if we'll make the first flight but I hope so!

We've just been in Leavenworth and it was nice. Swimming, hiking, shopping. Good.
I got to see my good friend Celisse, only for a few minutes but then we talked on the phone. She got engaged two days ago! The first of my friends to get married. I'm so excited for her!

In Leavenworth I found a peacock ornament that's amazing. And we saw peacocks at the zoo, which was pretty much the only reason I went. They walked around by themselves and everything so you could see their glorious coquettish arrogance wherever you went.

Today I read Othello. Although Ophelia is still my favourite Shakespeare character by far, Desdemona comes close. She is so tragic...the whole story is. It's worse than a bunch of good characters dying because there's a wonderful, good man who is corrupted by an evil one to turn against what's dearest and better to him. *sigh* I love that play. Oh, and Portia is cool as well, from the Merchant of Venice, though it's a comedy (tragicomedy). Just reread that one as well.

My friend Caylen has a song on her myspace called "Dear Angel" by April 6th. It's "wicked" as she would say. Apparently they're a new-ish band. Don't like their other songs though.

ok, tired. God bless.

Cait

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am anonymous. the one who you asked about. I will tell you someday when I am.