Thursday, August 21, 2008

Abroad Again

We are in the middle of our 3rd week in Europe now. There are many fun and colourful details I would love to share, but sadly I have a ton of homework...and some of you have short attention spans!
Basically what we have done is flown to Germany, spent two days, hopped trains (due to a convenient Lufthansa strike) to Zwolle, and were there for a week. Though the week in Zwolle was amazing and our primary reason for the trip; I can't really share stories or photos of that.
Since then we have been staying at a little house in Barneveld, owned by my old Dutch tutors who are away. It's a really nice town! We don't fit on the bikes but have been into the square a few times to walk around.
Two days were spent in Belgium, one in Amsterdam, one on a bike ride (which I'll talk about later), and today in Haarlem and Delft.
Now just a couple pictures.
Dahlia at Mini Europe in Brussels - The flower carpet in Brussels, which we were lucky to see as it happens every two years
I like this picture. Taken from a German castle wall.
Again from that German town wall -
At a doll museum in Rothenburg, which was amazing!


This weekend we'll be in Maastricht, Luxemburg, and Germany (Koln), then back to the house in Barneveld to pack before flying to Germany for two days and then home to Dubai.

I'll probably write in greater length later about the bike ride and just things in general, but while I have time...

It's been an amazing trip, in short. Europe is so beautiful, and has such a rich history that is so apparent...you don't have to dig as deep to find it.
The week in Zwolle was fun, challenging, and very much a learning experience. God seems to very much like to teach me things by long ordeals with people/relationships/friendships. This was no exception! I got to see dear old friends again, practice my bagpipes overlooking a windy canal, and go to Walibi World, an awesome amusement park (and I'll have you know that I went on the biggest roller coaster, which I'm very proud of!! And enjoyed every second of it!).

This summer God has changed more things in me than I could think of. There are so many things around the bend or to figure out (or even realise about myself) but a lot of that has been clearer this summer.

Another analyzation of our time I'll save for when we've actually left Holland so I have more to look back on, but really, I can't wait to serve here someday, and doors open and open and open.


with love (and hopes that you're having a delightful August),
Cait

No comments: