Sunday, August 20, 2006

8.20.06

We did celebrate my birthday yesterday....I got a speaker dock for my iPod, so I can listen to music in my room. Yay!! Now I won't have to buy another CD player.

Also Sense and Sensibility (Willoughby!) and a devotional, For Such a Time As This.

I was just reading over some old posts and realized I said nothing about St. Andrews!!!

It was three days before we moved; my last day with the band and my last competition.

It was a blast, but very hard to say good bye. The band did well, and placed third.
I got first solo!!! I was so surprised, cause I wasn't very happy with my performance. That was Grade III. Some friends in the band, Heather, Tim, and Nicole, also got firsts in their repsective grades of instruments. Raya, my dear partner in crime, did well too!!

I feel so bad to have forsaken the three musketeers...I suppose they are now the Bobsey Twins again. Grr. Just when we were all having so much fun.
The disappointing part was that a good friend could not come, and now I don't know when I'll ever see him again. But, I know he would have come if he could have.
I got to talk to Andrew Bova for ahwile, and saw some other camp people.

Iain Macey wasn't there though. Darn. I need to make a tape to send to him....haven't done that yet. It's strange to do piobaireachd by correspondence. Oh, well, I'm just grateful to have someone like Mr. Macey! I don't think I could ask for better.

SO....I miss Cabar Feidh but tomorrow night I'm beginning with the Dubai Pipe Band! Yay!! Only band in the Emirates....wooo!!

No comments: