Saturday, August 19, 2006

hmmm

Yesterday was church again and then we went to the B's house. I won't use last names on here, but we've known the B's since we lived in Jordan. Also the Bl's. The Bl's were at the B's house with us. It was lots of fun.....

Tonight we might be celebrating my birthday as a family, since we were still home. without dad, on August 1st.

Some people living in Belize on vacation here might come over then. They're a sweet family.


Oh, there goes the mosk I believe. It's 12:30 PM.
The call to prayer is usually the hour before dawn, dawn, noon, and then sunset and an hour after sunset. Or something like that. I used to wake up to it in the middle of the night in Jordan as a little kid, but now we live right in between two huge ones and it doesn't bother me.

It's actually quite pretty when they have a good Muez-zin. Yeah.

Lah dee dah. I'm bored at the moment. I still need to practice my pipes...I've only been doing chanter. Bad girl, I know.
My mom and I have been working out at the compound gym. It's a nice one, and I like the Elliptical.
What else is there to tell you all.....

Dad has two days off of training. Yay! His simulator last night wasn't very satisfactory to him though.

Oh. Guess what. I've decided to be Emirates cabin crew when I turn 21. I've always wanted to be a flight attendent, and it would be something fun and interesting to do until I am married. Plus, I am very impressed with this airline company. If they are half as good in six years, I'd jump to work for them. Not to mention all the references and referrals I could get, living in a compound with 50 Emirates captains!!
The only thing I have against them is that you practically have to be a model to be on cabin crew. It's sad.
BUT that's what I plan on doing when I'm 21, after I work at Starbucks when I'm 18. Yep.

Starbucks is twice as expensive here. It's a terrible tragedy because I am very attached to Starbucks and feel ashamed buying coffee anywhere else (which I must do).

Ok, well, I will go now.

Dancing is survival.

No comments: