Friday, August 17, 2007

encouragement, wrists, and stardust.

Hello :)

Several things...

Wrist. - The physiotherapist confirmed that the triangular ligament was, indeed, torn, but also that several others along the wrist are as well, and one in the thumb, and near my elbow. The whole thing is really loose and if it heals like that then it will always be weak. So we're waiting for a brace to come in (so it heals in a shortened position) and I can't lift more than half a kilo. It'll take 3-12 weeks to heal. I have excercises to do for it in the meantime.



- Today after church we had an "encouragement session" which Ashley led. It was good, we prayed and shared about our summers....it was pretty unanimous ('cept for Shehan and Jarod) that we all had really tough summers. *sigh* But also have learned a lot from them.
- Then we went to Ibn Battutta mall for lunch, where Jarod utterly dissed homeschooling. We split up and some of us went to a movie while some went window shopping or something.
Liz, Mili, Ky, and I went to see Stardust which was a lovely film (don't take my word for it if you're in the states...it's somewhat edited here) apart from a few things. One of those fantasy stories that was funny with a lot of modern pop culture thrown in. I don't like that part but suppose it makes it funny? Hmm. But it was a really cool story. Liz and I are really hoping to see No Reservations together before she goes back to uni in Canada.

I may get to begin teaching ballet to our pastor's daughters =) My local friends have also been teaching me how to bellydance which is great fun.

God bless.
Cait

3 comments:

Natacha B said...

hehe bellydancing cait :P and that's so cool about teaching ballet!
and your wrist...wow...3-12 weeks is a big gap! =S but don't worry, it'll get better. does it really hurt all the time? or is it just sore when you lift stuff?
and stardust! yay! i can't wait to see it! and yeah that's all i can remember you writing about! haha
<333

Anonymous said...

I hope your wrist gets better. What's your favorite song on Combinations?

Anonymous said...

Please


post