Monday, February 18, 2008

scorpion

A couple things I forgot the other day; there was a scorpion on the campout. We were sitting by the fire after capture the flag, and I was on a chair and Jenn and Kirsten were close beside/behind me, and running their hands around in the sand. It's amazing actually that the fire flickered right at that moment, cause otherwise Jenn wouldn't have seen the scorpion she dug up an inch from her hand, and would have kept moving her hands around and pushed down on it. The scorpion was clear and about an inch and a half big. Was very scary! They jumped up and I pulled my legs up onto the chair. Mr. C put it in a cup and I'm not sure what happened to it after.

We also played Mafia, and I was mafia, always more fun. Towards the end I was accused but the only defense I could give was to whisper "I can't talk," so was voted guilty, rightly of course.

A few photos -

playing with James W (his sticks were "eating the ants")Sonja

Cathy and I; dunebashing


Ok, for you two I am listening to Demon Hunter right now. Still don't like all of the screaming but his voice is really good. Anberlin, Flyleaf, RED, and Thrice are about as far as I can go with the screaming so far; we'll see. I like Fading Away, Carry Me Down, and My Heartstrings Come Undone though.

You all have to see this. A friend of Eisley directed it, and took Christie to the Grammy's with him. He didn't win, though he was nominated. They had to learn their parts (singing, drumming, playing) backwards full speed so it would look right filmed backwards and then switched around....has some cool effects as a result.

Been drawing loads of stuff for our well group service project but I can't show you till they're out. Na na na na. The whole idea is pretty sweet though, and we planned more last night.

New dress design and awesome boots.

Pink eyes to match the sash.

take care
Love,
Cait

But I believe there is something here to be learnt of grace
'Cause I can't help but love you
Even with a heart that breaks

Like the promises that you made

My God, what a world you love . . .


- from an As Cities Burn song I've never heard but thought the chorus lyrics were great.


P.S. Please pray, things are getting to a weirder point with the friends and I'm not sure what to do.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pink eyes are scaring me.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Looks like you had a swell time. =)

Demon Hunter and RED?? Nice. =P lol

I pray for ya every night! God bless!

-Aj. (~Annaka)

Cute dress! =D

jbell7 said...

ohhh my goodness. i do not like scorpions.
God had his angels around you guys!


whoa, that video was cool.
bummer they didn't win...

lol dh has a handful of good songs.
the tide began to rise is good...
i like beheaded...MHCU, (of course) and a few more... lol.

that is a cute dress.

i'll be praying.

love!♥

Cait said...

Thanks so much for praying you guys.

love

Kiwibob said...

Ah, I miss campouts. And sand. and warm weather. Pretty much everything in Dubai.

Oh and scorpiams are cool. I had a pet one once. :)

Will be praying

Kiwibob said...

mind the terrible spelling. Thats what comes from living in a place where they all speak dutch. *Scorpions

Cait said...

Hehe, well I'm sure they'd laugh at our Dutch spelling.

leahgrace; said...

i likey da dressy.