Friday, May 16, 2008

oh, excitement and cooking.

After a rather uneasy and down week, Friday was a welcome surprise. Someone came up to my mom and I and said she'd heard about a culinary school that had been open in Dubai of all places, for two years. It's run by believers and they have students from all over the world. They're looking for students to come in to interact with the others as well as study, because as the teachers they can't say much (make sense?). It's very pricey but if you're coming for both reasons or just can't afford it then they will help you. It's a 5 month course, and they've had several very successful graduating classes - so much so that restaurants have in fact asked for their future graduating students. Imagine graduating and not having to even apprentice afterwards like you usually have to as a chef!
Needless to say I'm very excited and it's all I can think about. Now there are so many things I would like to do (this, Yemen/India, l'Abri, helping with Oasis...) after graduating that it's beginning to get to the point where I'm motivated to try and figure how it will all fit together, if at all.
It's amazing how it all falls into place though - the lady who told us didn't even previously know I was interested in culinary arts, it's in Dubai, it's for ministry as well as cooking, it's something I can always use.
I never thought I would actually have the chance to be a chef - God is so amazing.

One catch - I've just looked it up and the site mentioned a minimum age of 21, since that's how old you have to be for a Dubai work permit. Hopefully it's not official or we can get around it - because of knowing people or the fact that I'm not actually looking to work after graduating! Part time if anything - I don't want a career and even if I did, being a top head chef is a completely life-consuming job. No life, no ministry, no family, no nothing. Mm, no.

I hope all you dears are doing well.
Hoping this week looks up - God is faithful and I need to stop being paranoid about everything I don't know.

Love,
Cait

P.S. Listen to this.

5 comments:

Sauve Family Blog said...

Hey Cait, Thanks for the comment on our blog. Thats awesome you were able to go and experience India! You are so talented! I love your art work!
Blessing
Grace

Anonymous said...

Hey Cait! Sorry I haven't been commenting you. Don't think that means I don't keep you and Ky in my prayers everyday though. =)

God bless!

-Annaka j.

Lostariel said...

Sweet.

Tizzalicious said...

That really is exciting! I hope you can get around the age thing!

jbell7 said...

o wow!!
soooo cool!!
will be praying that it all works out!!
how exciting!!

love ya!
jessica