Friday, March 07, 2008

March hares

...happy March...happy month of mad hatters...and hares...March hares. Really need to watch Alice in Wonderland again.

I'm reading Catherine Wheels and it's very good. It reminds me of Blue Like Jazz, though it's less about philosophy and more about...I'm not sure what, but it's better. Blue Like Jazz was too iffy. All the books I've been reading lately are about death...which is sad...but they are genuinely good books for various reasons. It's worth thinking about, in all respects.
- Phantom of the Opera - good story.
- Blue Like Jazz - more ambiguous but still interesting. More about life, but life with pain and healing.
- Everybody Wants to Go To Heaven (the David Crowder book) - just...amazing...read it if you can. Someday I might write a better review of it than that but for now I'm tired.
- Catherine Wheels - well, I'm less than half way through it, but it's definitely meaningful. I like books where they don't figure out what they're looking for or thinking until near the end...and you don't really know either, or if they'll find it. This book is like that.

Tuesday mom and I went to the fashion show. It was very cool =) I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was sad seeing one of the models though; she was so dangerously thin. I won't post many photos as not all the dresses were that great. Some were pretty bizzarre which was cool, and they modelled a few abayas as well.


Today I went to Cathy's house which was fun. She now lives in Dubai instead of Sharjah! It's so sad that she's leaving end of this year though.


Keep thinking I'm forgetting something but I don't know what, so oh well.
God bless!

love,
Cait

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, I like that last dress! So cute =P

-Aj

jbell7 said...

hey girl!

haven't talked to you in a while....
so glad you liked that dc book. he has another, but sadly, i haven't gotten a chance to finish it...

i don't think its as good as heaven etc. book, but its probably still good.

oh, i wanted to tell you, i can play the hush sounds you re the moon on the piano. its such a pretty song.
marrissa played it on the violin with me, and that was fun.
i'l ttus
bye♥

Cait said...

Annaka - Yea it is cute =)

Jessica - Hey! I'd really like to read the other DC book sometime. Isn't it about praise? (I think...)
You Are the Moon is so lovely! I can play Magnolia on the keyboard and some of Wine Red which is fun. Also been working a lot on Come Clean (Eisley). I didn't know you were a Hush Sound fan!

love, Cait

jbell7 said...

sweet! do you have wine red sheet music?
i've been looking for it, but i can't find it. i only have lighthouse and you are the moon.

i only have their one cd.

sweet! u go girl!

yeah, the book is called praise habit.

Cait said...

Not really sheet music...I can only play chords and then figure out the right hand by ear. But you can get most from www.ultimate-guitar.com

You'll be able to do a lot more with it than I will!