Sunday, April 13, 2008

Surge2 Post I

Hello everybody,

We’re back! India was...pretty awesome.

Now I’m going to be terribly clever and make something like three different posts in reverse order so you can read them in order instead of backwards. So...if you see post I, II, or III without the others, you can assume it's blogger doing it's weird thing because I'll post all three at once.

All in all I just have to say I’m incredibly thankful I went, and am dying to go back. I’ll take every opportunity possible next year and am disappointed the time conflicts with our trip to the states this June! I was blessed so much by just being able to serve, and learned so many things through the whole experience. It’s completely different from anything I’d seen or been with or done before.

Cait.

Random things from the week –

- Kevin day

- Ch-ch-ch-CHUTNEY

- auto rickshaws and lots of motorcycles!

- cows all over the roads

- all the hand games we all played

- 'HAIRGEL' – Isaac’s comment on what he missed most on the trip

- Ice cream – Kevin’s substitute for hair gel

- 'I’m leaving if I can’t eat cow here.'– Sonja at McDonald’s

- 'Oh my gosh, look at the white person!' – Fiona

- Mani putting her hair in an afro

- drinking tea while painting up on a ledge

- the verbose dog

- so many beggars.

- usually we girls all sat on one side of the dining room and the (half as many) guys sat on the other. One morning Elaine, Kyleigh, Sonja and I were on the other side so they called us "Alan, Kyle, Solomon, and Ken." Kevin being on the girls side was called Kevina for the rest of the week. What was great was how quickly he answered to it!

1 comment:

Tizzalicious said...

Haha, smart thinking on the reverse order!